Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Another Appointment

It’s starting to get real for me.  Today I had a doctor’s appointment with my primary care doctor so that I could get surgical clearance.  It was basically a standard physical but with an EKG thrown in for good measure.  I passed with flying colors…Go Me!  Up until now it seemed like February 8th was very far away, all of the sudden it is just around the corner.  I’m still looking forward to getting decompressed, but today gave me a small case of the nerves.

I consider myself lucky that my Chiari was found when it was.  Sure I’ve had headaches and other issues for most of my life, but the full on Chiari attack was caught before some of the other brutal symptoms showed up.  Other Chiarians have far more problems and symptoms than I do.  Check out My Constricted Cranium http://constrictedcranium.blogspot.com/  to get an idea of what other Chiarians go through.  She is a registered nurse that is about to be decompressed on January 30th, she has been blogging everyday about her experience.  There are lots of us living with Chiari and I think it helps to realize that we all are experiencing it differently.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Dave - My name is Jennifer Galloway, and I live in Fairhope, AL. I was decompressed by Dr. Oro in Aurora, CO on 10/23. I wish you luck w/ your decompression, and if you have any questions feel free to contact me at gallojw@hotmail.com or on Facebook. I'm an open book!

    ReplyDelete